Persistence is what I am working on now.
This week we started Scroll 3. I love this sentence in this scroll; I will persist until I succeed.As I move forward, I continue to try. By trying, I become more successful.There are a few examples that come to my mind, that show persistence in life:
- The Little Engine that Could-A children’s story that tells about a little engine that couldn’t get up a hill. But, by saying “I think I can. I think I can,” and trying many times to get up the hill. The little engine finally did it!
- The Tale of the little Inchworm- Inch by Inch, Yard by Yard, soon you will have a mile. In this story, even though the inchworm is just a little creature it continues to crawl and move towards it’s goal. It isn’t how fast you travel or how far you go. The whole point is to just do it. Keep moving!
- The Engergizer Bunny?-He keeps on going and going and going. He never stops. That persistence come from a source within. His battery. What is your Source within that keeps you going?
Things I have learned about being persistent:
- Never stop if you really want something
- Keep moving forward
- Don’t quit
- Begin right away
- Don’t waste time
- Don’t judge yourself
- Don’t compare yourself to others
1.continuing firmly or obstinately in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition.“one of the government’s most persistent critics”
synonyms: tenacious, persevering, determined, resolute, purposeful, dogged, single-minded,tireless, indefatigable, patient, unflagging, untiring, insistent, importunate, relentless,unrelenting; More
2.continuing to exist or endure over a prolonged period.
“persistent rain will affect many areas”
synonyms: constant, continuous, continuing, continual, nonstop, never-ending, steady,uninterrupted, unbroken, interminable, incessant, unceasing, endless, unending,perpetual, unremitting, unrelenting, relentless, unrelieved, sustained
To be persistent you need to be patient, firm and continue in a course of action, in spite of difficulty or opposition. You might feel discouraged, keep going anyway. You might meet opposition, keep going anyway. There may be obstacles that come up. Deal with Those and keep going. Keep going! Just Stick with it!